Monday, September 10, 2012

A Tower for Rufus

Hi all!

I'm very sorry that I'm so terrible at posting regularly. I keep telling myself that I'll set aside a couple days of the week that I'll make sure I post something, but it somehow always ends up being a bridge too far. Said extenders (?) of said bridge include:

  • An increasingly intense obsession with The West Wing
  • The fact that the internet connection at our house is tenuous and temperamental at best. 
  • The fact that I'm super busy and I really, really enjoy sleeping. 

In any case, here's something that's jerked me out of my state of perpetual laziness. 

My coworker and pal Billy has fast become one of my favourite people around. That's neither here nor there however, as it's his cat that we're concerned about at the moment. His cat is called Rufus, and he is a very handsome and loveable cat. As someone who generally hates cats (without a shadow of a doubt, I'm a dog person), it takes a very special kind of feline for me to look past my allergies and general cat disdain to see a cute furry animal. Rufus is definitely that kind of special cat, so much so that while the guys chatted and swigged beers in Billy's kitchen a few weekends ago, I was content to sit on the floor and play with Rufus. Gasp! Unheard of! 

It's not surprising then, that Rufus gets epic box structures built for him. Billy'd told me that he was constructing a box fort for his furry companion, but I had no idea the resulting castle and video would blow my mind to the extent that they did.

Bravo guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment