Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Quick One Before Bed.

In hindsight, I may have ventured out of the house a day earlier than was wise.

Before heading to work I dosed myself up with countless pills and vitamins, and downed a glass of berocca, then one of orange juice. Armed with tissues and soothers, I headed to work. Unfortunately, I spent most of my shift at the call center moving my headset away while I sniffled and blew my nose and sneezed all over the place. I was a mess. Not a hot mess. Just a fucking mess. I pity the next person to sit in that cubicle.

I then hauled myself to the Nova to watch Howl. Was it good?

Short answer? Yes.

Slightly longer answer? The animations were a bit much, but I appreciated the fact that the poem was included in the film in its entirety. James Franco was pretty great. Jon Hamm was pretty much just Don Draper in a court room. I kept imagining Bob Balaban with a small fluffy dog, as I'd just recently re-watched Best in Show. But James Franco was pretty great. And it was an interestingly put together film, which I certainly appreciated. I dug it.

However, I'm sure that those sitting around me in the cinema (not least of all my attractive companion) did not appreciate my constant sniffling. My nose dripping like a tap, I struggled to breathe and keep my face silent. I even had to excuse myself from the cinema at one point to let out a barrage of sneezes. Unclassy max.

Anyway, I'll hope to have a review up in the next couple of days. I'd say "tomorrow night", but I never follow through with that shit.

In other news (and really, my reason for posting when I should be asleep in readiness for tomorrow's work day), I was greeted with this upon hopping onto Facebook after the movie:

It's me! And I'm a BEAR!

Isn't it great?!

It's by my pal Thomas Hunter, and he's really rather good at things. Click on his name. Do it.

I love it!!

It's me. And I'm a bear. What more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment